Who are we?
We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team = the best team.
We help businesses deliver technical projects better than ever before through our platform and on-demand Elastic Teams™. Customers use our platform to scope any software project and are then paired with a fully managed Elastic Team of the world's best permanent freelancers that deliver it.
We are backed by Guinness Asset Management, Fuel Ventures and Capita; just secured £5m in Series A funding; and are growing at 500% per year. We are now hiring a number of exciting roles to add to our fully remote team for exceptional growth ahead.
As a member of the team, you'll be working with scientists, engineers, product managers, salespeople and operational leaders from a diverse set of backgrounds who are challenging every assumption about the future of work.
Want to know more? read: https://distributed.co/about
Reporting to the Finance & Operations Manager, the Financial Assistant is responsible for running the day-to-day of the finance department. Distributed's core finance functions operate in an accurate, efficient and timely manner, whilst partnering with the business to drive strong continued growth.
- Reconciliation of P&L, Balance Sheet and bank accounts
- Ownership of BAU interaction with Accounting System and General Ledger
- Management of Credit Control
- Ownership of Accounts Payable process
- Ownership of Employee Expense process
- Preparation of customer invoices
- Assistance with management reporting and wider finance activities
- Assistance with ad-hoc requests
What we’re looking for from you:
Demonstrated experience working in a Finance department
- Proactively working towards early stages of accounting qualification (AAT/ACCA/CIMA) with a desire to become fully qualified
- Proficient user of Excel
- Clear, concise & engaging communicator
- Sharp attention to detail
- Enthusiastic learner
- Self-starter and proactive, ‘can do’ personality
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in a start-up or a software/tech business is a plus
- Experience with Xero would be advantageous
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Performance-related bonus
- Employee pension plan
- Vitality private healthcare
- 34 days of holiday a year (26 days + Bank holidays)
- Work from anywhere; we're a fully remote company
- Study support available on successful completion of probation
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.