Who are we?
We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team = the best team.
We help businesses deliver technical projects better than ever before through our platform and on-demand Elastic Teams™. Customers use our platform to scope any software project and are then paired with a fully managed Elastic Team of the world's best permanent freelancers that deliver it.
We are backed by Guinness Asset Management, Fuel Ventures and Capita; just secured £5m in Series A funding, and are growing at 500% per year. We are now hiring a number of exciting roles to add to our fully remote team for exceptional growth ahead.
As a member of the team, you'll be working with scientists, engineers, product managers, salespeople and operational leaders from a diverse set of backgrounds who are challenging every assumption about the future of work.
Want to know more? read: https://distributed.co/about
The Technical Director reports to the Head of Technology and is responsible for setting, communicating and evolving the technical standards for Distributed. The Technical Director manages a team of Technical Leads who are responsible for direct oversight of Elastic Team output against customer requirements as well as the coordination of customer technical pre-sales.
- Work with our clients to understand their needs and desired outcomes; design and document technical solutions in line with agreed project objectives.
- Engage with the Project Management function and the customer to build the ideal technical team for software delivery.
- Manage and maintain a technical testing strategy to ensure a great capability fit with our clients.
- Support the recruitment teams by providing interviewing resources and expertise as part of onboarding.
- Working with the team of Technical Leads, review and respond to RFP’s providing technical solutions and estimation support as part of the sales process.
- Working with Sales and Customer Success teams to continuously improve client onboarding rates.
- Set technical standards and design appropriate mechanisms to assure consistent adherence from Technical Leads and Elastic Team members.
- Manage Technical Leads day-to-day, making sure projects they are managing are on track, and partner with them on their personal development plans.
- Work with Technical Leads to continually evolve technical approaches to the highest standard allowing for accurate project estimation and effective customer solutioning.
- Stay up-to-date on best practices in software development and continually search for new tools, technologies, processes and methodologies to effectively scale the function.
- Develop and manage a resourcing plan for the function, to be agreed with the People and Finance teams.
- Represent Distributed externally and with customers to continually optimise our brand in the market
- Demonstrable communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders and teams in both technical and non-technical areas.
- Highly capable manager in a Technical area, capable of setting direction, maintaining standards and completing objective creation for a team of Technical Leads.
- Excellent grasp of the SDLC, ideally with experience of working in a B2B environment.
- Comfortable working with the sales team and contributing to pitching meetings with clients.
- Proven experience of using a balance of Lean/Agile and Traditional project management approaches.
- Excellent understanding of technical solution design; including cloud-native, enterprise architecture patterns and secure coding practices
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Performance-related bonus
- Employee pension plan
- Vitality private healthcare
- 34 days of holiday a year (26 days + Bank holidays)
- Work from anywhere; we're a fully remote company
Distributed is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Employees and contractors, as well as prospective employees and contractors, will all be treated equally and fairly. Distributed is committed to ensuring no less favourable treatment is experienced by any current or prospective employee because of any of the protected characteristics under the UK Equality Act 2010 or equivalent local equality legislation.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.